- Supports the entire MIFARE® family members
- Supports MIFARE® 3DES and AES cryptography
- Key diversification
- Secure download and storage of keys (key usage counters)
- 128 key entries for symmetric cryptography and 3 RSA key entries for asymmetric cryptography
- ISO 7816 Baud rate up to 1.5 Mbit/s
- Offline cryptography
NXP MIFARE SAM AV3 Card (Secure Access Module)
The NXP® MIFARE SAM AV3 is the third-generation MIFARE SAM (Secure Access Module), designed for flexible performance in today’s IoT, secures keys and protects assets. The MIFARE SAM AV3 extends functionality to include support for NXP’s DNA range of the NTAG, ICODE, and UCODE families beyond MIFARE ICs. It is an ideal add-on for edge computing nodes and end nodes such as reader and POS terminals, toll gates, and door locks. Optimized for use with the product types in these families that offer Transaction Message Authentication Codes (TMACs), the MIFARE SAM AV3 secures keys and protects assets in the latest IoT applications.
The MIFARE SAM AV3 raises the bar on flexibility by supporting programmable logic, too, so you can integrate a proprietary algorithm for key diversification or implement a full business flow that executes with just one call. Developers can also write their own code while re-using the intrinsic cryptography functions of the MIFARE SAM AV3. To simplify the development of customized logic – a process that requires eligibility, tool investment, and specialized skills – NXP partners with design houses that offer code development and other services tailored to the MIFARE SAM AV3.
The MIFARE SAM AV3 offers an easy way to add security to all of today’s more important IoT applications, and helps to create faster, leaner designs of edge computing nodes.
The efficient X-mode configuration allows direct communication with RF-frontend ICs without using the SAM as a cryptographic coprocessor to achieve higher application performance.
For a growing number of smart card applications, where service providers need to ensure highest data and transaction security, NXP´s MIFARE SAMs (Secure Access Modules) are the perfect solution. It turns even the simplest reader into a high security transaction device. With its on board cryptographic co-processors with 3DES, AES and PKI capabilities, our hardware solutions offers superior cryptographic features for a variety of secure infrastructures, including access management and automatic fare collection. And a new version of NXP’s secure access module, the Mifare SAM AV3, supports contactless transactions and NXP’s NTAG DNA and Icode DNA as well as longer-range Ucode DNA products.
Unlike other SAM card products on the market today, MIFARE SAM AV2 has proven interoperability with all of NXP’s broad card portfolio, (JCOP Java Card, MIFARE Ultralight, MIFARE Ultralight C, MIFARE Classic EV1, MIFARE Plus, DESFire EV1, DESFire EV2 and DESFire EV3), making it the most versatile and secure SAM solution on the market today.
Available in Mini SIM (2FF) and Micro SIM (3FF).
This third-generation MIFARE SAM (Secure Access Module), designed for flexible performance in today’s IoT, secures keys and protects assets. It offers built-in support for MIFARE ICs and NXP’s “DNA” range of products from the NTAG, ICODE, and UCODE families. It is an ideal add-on for edge computing nodes and end nodes such as reader and POS terminals, toll gates, and door locks.
- Faster, leaner design of edge computing nodes
- Compatible with MIFARE SAM AV2
- Supports latest security features of JCOP Java Card, MIFARE Ultralight, MIFARE Ultralight C, MIFARE Classic EV1, MIFARE Plus, DESFire EV1, DESFire EV2 and DESFire EV3
- Supports UCODE® DNA, ICODE® DNA, and NTAG® DNA
- Supports Crypto 1, TDEA (112, 168), AES (128, 192, 256), RSA, and ECC
- PKI and CMAC support
- Flexible key diversification
- Secure download and storage of highly sensitive keys (e.g. Master Keys)
- 128 key entries for symmetric cryptography, 3 key entries for RSA, and 8 key entries for ECC asymmetric cryptography
- Programmable functionality for customized commands and logic
- ISO/IEC 7816 interface with extended baud rates up to 1.5 Mbit/s
- I2C slave host interface in HVQFN package only
- X-mode for direct pass through connection with NXP reader IC
- Common Criteria EAL6+ (HW) + Security Certification for MIFARE (SW)
- Available in wafer, PCM 1.5 module, or HVQFN package
- Optional I2C interface
- Data signing and signature verification
- Access management
- Public transport
- Banking & Payment
- e-Healthcare (device, EMR, EHR, insurance)
- e-Purse & Loyalty programs
- Hardware Security Engine
|Product features||MIFARE SAM AV3|
|EEPROM size [byte]||80 K|
|Write endurance [cycles]||up to 500.000|
|Data retention [years]||up to 25|
|Organization||128 key entries for symmetric cryptography and 3 RSA key entries for PKI cryptography|
|ISO/IEC 7816||T=1 protocol for contact communication,|
|Frequency [MHz]||1 to 10|
|Baud rate [kbit/s]||9.6 up to 1500 kbit/s data throughput|
|Symmetric crypto||Crypto 1|
|SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256||For hash computation and RSA signature support|
|Unique serial number||7 bytes|
|Random number generator||Yes|
|Access keys||128 symmetric key entries, 3 RSA key entries, 16 key usage counters|
|MIFARE Classic security||Supported|
|DES & TDEA security (34/128/169)||MACing / Encipherment / SAM communication / Offline cryptography|
|AES 128 / AES 192 / AES 256||MACing / Encipherment / SAM communication / Offline cryptography|
|RSA-2048 bits cryptography||Signature generation and verification, RSA decryption for symmetric key updates|
|Delivery type: PCM1.1 module (8-pin)||MF4SAM3X84|