Vilnius, Lithuania – November 14, 2011 – Neurotechnology, a provider of high-precision biometric identification technologies, today announced two major releases: MegaMatcher 4.2 and MegaMatcher On Card 3.0 Software Development Kits (SDK). The MegaMatcher 4.2 SDK includes the updated VeriFinger 6.4 fingerprint identification engine, VeriLook 5.1 facial identification engine and VeriEye 2.4 iris identification engine – all of which are designed to be used individually or in any combination for the development of fast, reliable biometric solutions. Palmprint and VeriSpeak voiceprint identification capabilities are also included. MegaMatcher On Card 3.0 SDK features fingerprint, facial and new iris on-card matching engines based on the high-precision MegaMatcher identification algorithms. With MegaMatcher On Card, tri-modal verification on smart cards is now possible, providing the highest degree of accuracy and flexibility available for smart card biometric solutions.
“MegaMatcher 4.2 SDK includes significant improvements in software functionality and fingerprint, face and iris algorithms,”said Dr. Algimantas Malickas, CEO of Neurotechnology. “The new version of MegaMatcher On Card extends support for different Java and native smart card platforms and, in addition to fingerprint and face modalities, introduces iris and tri-modal off-line verification capabilities. MegaMatcher continues to be one of our most important products, and we believe these improvements and additional features provide our integrators with even greater flexibility and the capability to develop and implement more advanced applications,” Malickas added.
The new MegaMatcher 4.2 includes a number of enhancements over previous versions:
- The VeriFinger 6.4 fingerprint algorithm includes improved extraction and a reduction of about 25 percent in the false rejection rate at the same false acceptance rate level compared to the previous algorithm version.
- VeriLook 5.1 includes a new capability to detect faces with head poses up to half-profile (up to 45 degrees, compared to roughly 20 degrees yaw angle rotation in the previous version). Non-frontal faces are recognized successfully if the head angle difference is up to 30 degrees in any direction. Additionally, a set of detectable facial feature points was extended with nose tip and mouth center points (only centers of both eyes were detected in the previous version).
- VeriEye 2.4 includes iris-matching template creation compatible with on-card technology in the MegaMatcher OnCard 3.0 SDK
- A new plug-in framework for the device manager allows developers to add support for previously unsupported, new or custom microphones (audio), video cameras and fingerprint and/or iris scanners into applications based on Neurotechnology SDKs.
With the new MegaMatcher On Card 3.0 SDK, the fingerprint, face and iris biometric algorithms in MegaMatcher 4.2 have been optimized to run within the restricted computational capabilities of smart card microprocessors. The introduction of integrated, on-card iris biometrics provides a third, trustworthy modality that offers higher off-line authentication reliability for card owners as well as providing more flexibility when one of the biometric modalities may not be available.
MegaMatcher On Card also provides more flexibility in the choice of smart cards. Through partnerships with different card vendors, Neurotechnology’s on-card solution is now available on a wider range of integrated circuit card (ICC) platforms running either Java or proprietary native OS within different microcontrollers.
MegaMatcher On Card 3.0 features and capabilities:
- A wide range of card-side matching engine configurations allows users to choose the optimal settings for different card types and specific project requirements.
- The pure Java-level configuration may be loaded on a card within its life cycle. The native ROM-masked implementation provides enhanced reliability, performance, memory saving and makes the product applicable for large-scale, high volume projects.
- Utilization of smart card and on-card biometric matching-related ISO standards and Java Card specifications allows easy development of on-card verification applications that maintain the security of the cardholder reference data.
- Inclusion of card-side and PC-side sample applications that demonstrate enrollment and verification of supported modalities on a smart card provide ease of integration.
Because of its unified API, MegaMatcher On Card can be easily integrated with systems that are based on any other Neurotechnology SDK, including VeriFinger, VeriLook, VeriEye or multi-biometric MegaMatcher deployments.
MegaMatcher technology is used in a wide variety of biometric solutions worldwide for national-scale projects, including border control, passport and visa documentation, election control, criminal investigations, duplicate searches in large-scale databases and a range of other government and commercial applications. The MegaMatcher fingerprint recognition algorithm is NIST MINEX-compliant for use in US Government Personal Identity Verification (PIV) program fingerprint recognition applications and it supports most biometric industry standards.
MegaMatcher 4.2 and MegaMatcher On Card 3.0 are available through Neurotechnology or from distributors worldwide. For more information, go to: www.neurotechnology.com.
Neurotechnology is a provider of high-precision biometric fingerprint, face, iris, palmprint and voice identification algorithms, object recognition technology and software development products. More than 2500 system integrators, security companies and hardware providers integrate Neurotechnology’s algorithms into their products, with millions of customer installations worldwide.
Neurotechnology’s identification algorithms have consistently earned the highest honors in some of the industry’s most rigorous competitions, including the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)’s Fingerprint Vendor Technology Evaluation (FpVTE), the Iris Exchange (IREX) and the Fingerprint Verification Competitions (FVC).
Drawing from years of academic research in the fields of neuroinformatics, image processing and pattern recognition, Neurotechnology was founded in 1990 in Vilnius, Lithuania and released its first fingerprint identification system in 1991. Since that time the company has released more than 60 products and version upgrades for identification and verification of objects and personal identity.
Jennifer Allen Newton
Bluehouse Consulting Group, Inc.
jennifer (at) bluehousecg (dot) com
Aware’s Knomi® Solution Chosen by Several Leading Latin American Banks for Mobile Biometric Authentication
BEDFORD, Mass., Feb. 11, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Aware, Inc. (NASDAQ: AWRE), a leading global provider of biometrics software products, solutions and services, today announced that its Knomi® solution has been chosen by several of the leading banks in Latin America to enhance the convenience and
28 January 2020 - Calypso Networks Association (CNA) and OSPT Alliance today announce their collaboration to drive the adoption of open standards in transport ticketing. The end goal of the cooperation program is to achieve convergence between their respective open standards – CALYPSO® and CIPURSE™
28 January 2020 – Calypso Networks Association (CNA) and OSPT Alliance today announce their collaboration to drive the adoption of open standards in transport ticketing. The end goal of the cooperation program is to achieve convergence between their respective open
NEWARK, Calif., Jan. 13, 2020 – Socket Mobile, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCKT), a leading innovator of data capture and delivery solutions for enhanced productivity, today announced availability of the SocketScan S550, Contactless Membership Card Reader/Writer on its Developer Portal for app
Ipsidy Expands Its Mobile Biometric Solutions Full Support for Both iOS13 With NFC and Android Platforms
LONG BEACH, New York, Oct. 28, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Ipsidy Inc., a provider of an Identity as a Service (IDaaS) platform and a suite of secure, mobile, biometric identity solutions, available to any vertical, today announced that it has expanded its offerings across
PALO ALTO, CA and STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN – August 20, 2019 – Yubico, the leading provider of hardware authentication security keys, today announced the general availability of the YubiKey 5Ci, the world’s first security key designed with both USB-C and Lightning connectors on