07/04/2013 – Pentio Corporation (head office: Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo; President and CEO: Haruhiko Hasegawa, hereinafter referred to as Pentio), which provides device development and solution authentication using devices, is compatible with major Windows operating systems including Microsoft (R) Windows We began providing Hybrid IC Card “Pentio IC Card 3300 NFC”.
Pentio IC Card 3300 NFC is the first IC card with non-contact Mifare and FeliCa and 2 contact IC chips compatible with Windows 8.
It is a hybrid card that can use non-contact Mifare and FeliCa such as entering and leaving the office with the same card. In the past, employee identification cards and PC security cards were often issued as separate cards. Because the cards are separate, there was a possibility that while leaving the PC security card in the PC, it took out the employee ID card and leave the room, but by becoming the same card the security concerning such operation You can solve the problem.
It can also be used for user authentication of an Android tablet terminal with built-in NFC reader function, which is expected to increase in the future.
Pentio IC Card 3300 NFC is compatible with standard software for use with Windows OS and can be used immediately.
System administrators using the Pentio IC Card 3300 NFC will be relieved of the complexity of distributing IC card middleware and contribute to the reduction in TCO of computer systems. Also, because it is not necessary to incorporate difficult software, it can also be used as a service IC card for general consumer users.
Microsoft’s BaseCSP Minidriver compatible with the Microsoft Smart Card Base Cryptographic Service Provider (BaseCSP) is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 OS standards. ※ 1
Drivers for various 64 bit OS can also be provided.
The contact type IC chip of Pentio IC Card 3300 NFC adopts the next generation encryption algorithm of high strength and responds to the cryptographic strength compromise countermeasure which is worried about “cryptography 2010 issue” etc. RSA 2048 bit public key encryption, AES 256 bit common key encryption, SHA 256 bit hash function can be processed inside the IC chip.
The contact type IC chip of the Pentio IC Card 3300 NFC is very reliable certified in Federal Information Processing Standards Publication (FIPS) 140-2 Level 3 which is a US federal standard specifying specifications of security requirements for cryptographic modules It is a product with high chip.
When using Pentio IC Card 3300 NFC under Mac / Linux environment, it becomes available by installing PKCS#11 library software.
PKCS#11 library software that can be used with Mac OS X, RedHat Linux, Suse Linux, Debian, Ubuntu, Oracle Solaris, etc. can be provided.
- Integration of IC card identification card of employee ID / employee ID card and entrance / exit authentication (option corresponding to Mifare, FeliCa etc.)
- Remote desktop service on thin client using 64bit OS server
- Usage not only on Windows PC but also in a wide range of PC environment such as thin client, Mac OS X, Linux
- I want to secure the security of the take-out PC Use of pre-boot authentication of encrypted PC
- Usage in a wide range of service environments regardless of internal or external company
- Service use including those not high in PC literacy
- Want to secure robustness even a few years ahead High security is required
- Application requiring a high level of security certification (FIPS 140-2 Level 3)
* 1 Windows Smart Card Minidriver is a vendor-developed driver software that calls an API (= WinSCard API) for an application used by a smart card to access and use public / private keys stored in a smart card = Minidriver). This driver software corresponds to Microsoft’s BaseCSP (= Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider). Minidriver for 3300 NFC provided by our company is automatically installed on various Windows OS from PnP from Microsoft Windows Update site.
* 2 U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) will consider factors such as trends in cryptanalysis research and improvements in computer processing capability, and from 2010 onwards, from the previous 1024 bits in RSA public key cryptography We recommend migration to 2048 bits. Correspondence to 2048 bit has already advanced in Japan.
* 3 FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards Publication) 140-2 is a US federal standard that specifies specifications of security requirements for cryptographic modules. The standard is FIPS 140-2 issued on May 25, 2001.
About Pentio Corporation
Pentio Corporation is a company that provides authentication solutions with its own USB token / IC card. We are aggressively developing authentication solutions in combination with authentication devices such as USB tokens and smart cards to a large number of customers including medical institutions, educational institutions, and major companies.
No. 2 Sky Building 801, 5-10-1 Shinjuku,
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022
Date of establishment:
September 24, 1998
Representative Director Haruhiko Hasegawa
Business description / sales:
Development / sale of authentication tokens using USB token / IC card authentication technology · Development and provision of Web systems · Mobile application development and provision
Identiv’s uTrust Sense Minidriver Smart Cards is the New Generation of Logical and Physical Access Control
Santa Ana, January 30, 2018 - Identiv’s new uTrust Sense Minidriver Smart Cards are the next generation of smart card solutions for logical access and physical access control. From accessing Windows®-enabled computers to opening doors, these secure cards incorporate an
July 13, 2017 -- TESSIS, together with Gemalto, is announcing the emergence on the Russian market of a new major version of life-cycle management software for electronic keys from Gemalto, SafeNet Authentication Manager 9.0 (SAM 9.0). Thanks to this solution, users of
Gemalto has recently announced the release of version 10.0 of the SafeNet Authentication Client (SAC). A first step towards integrating the SAC with Gemalto smart cards that allows administrators and users to manage IDPrime cards through the standard PKCS#11 and
RSA CONFERENCE 2016, San Francisco, March 1, 2016 – Today, digital identity and credentials expert Intercede announced new security software designed for deployment alongside Intel’s latest hardware-based identity protection technology, Intel® Authenticate. Intercede software, running on the 6th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™
Las Vegas, NV May 09, 2014 - Hypersecu specializes in strong two-factor authentication (2FA) solutions, BYOD security solutions, mobile payment solutions and mobile authentication products. Hypersecu will showcase their latest solutions at the exhibitions: BYOD Security solutions ➢ Mobile Smart card
SPYRUS Delivers Microsoft Certified Windows To Go Drives with FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Tamper-Proof Smart Cards and Digital Certificates for Multi-Factor Authentication
San Jose, CA – November 18, 2013 – SPYRUS today announced the availability of the SPYRUS WorkSafe™ and WorkSafe Pro portable SSD live drives for Windows To Go built using the Windows 8.1 update. WorkSafe transforms almost any PC into