January 9, 2009 — Datastrip Inc., a world leader in field-proven mobile identity verification technology, will provide its DSV2+TURBO® handheld biometric terminals to the U.S. Coast Guard for its Transportation Worker Identification Credential program. The DSV2+TURBO devices are specified in the Coast Guard’s contract with integrator SAIC.
The $2.3 million contract calls for up to 300 handheld terminals equipped with Codebench’s TWICCheck and PIVCheck software. The DSV2+TURBO devices will be used by the Coast Guard to read the biometric data on TWIC cards for ID verification at U.S. ports.
“Datastrip’s role in the TWIC program demonstrates our commitment to supporting Homeland Security efforts and providing devices that operate in the most demanding environments,” said Joe Delaney, Datastrip’s vice president of sales and marketing. “The DSV2+TURBO’s field-proven design, 16-hour battery life and resistance to harsh weather make it the right choice for implementing TWIC in rugged port environments.”
DSV2+TURBO devices are also being used in another Coast Guard initiative called Biometrics at Sea. This program is a field-test type of validation testing currently in place in the Mona Passage between the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico. It allows the Coast Guard to identify illegal immigrants intercepted in transit. In its first year, the program has cut the flow of illegal immigrants by nearly 50 percent.
Datastrip is a world leader in field-proven mobile identity verification. Together with market-leading biometric and information technology vendors, Datastrip specializes in providing secure portable information and ID solutions that provide on-the-spot verification of credentials from any individual. The Datastrip product line supports facial, iris and fingerprint biometric matching, as well as contact-based and contactless cards such as national ID cards and passports. For more information, visit www.datastrip.com
- Seamless data transfer to the Card Encoding Engine™
- Single sensor design
- Dedicated, on-board image processor supports very high speed, simultaneous capture of subject’s irises
- Wide inter-pupillary distance tolerance
- Motion detection
- Complete Solution: Tablet, Software and Cards Included
- Mobile Biometric Identity Verification (AFIS & ABIS) + Mobile Enrollment + Mobile Validation
- AFIS (Automatic Fingerprint Identification System) enable with complete version
- ABIS (Automated Biometric Identification System) for both Face and Iris enable with complete version
- IP65 Rugged Handheld Device with Lightweight Feel
- Waterproof, Dustproof, Shockproof, Drop-Resistant
- WiFi, GSM Cellular Services, and Bluetooth Connectivity
- Multi-Modal Biometrics: Fingerprints, Iris, Faceprint, Signature
- Complete United States Biometric validation solution from CardLogix, RankOne Computing (Face), Princeton Identity (Iris)
- Onboard Smart Card Encryption for Secured Biometrics Storage
- Multi-Factor Authentication with 1:1 Biometric Matching
- eMRTD reader with MRZ, Barcode, and QR code reading capability with dedicated reader
- Digital Display of Cardholder Information
- Write to Smart Card Directly (contact or contactless) or Send to Remote Location (Cloud database) or to the device
- Verify biometric users information from Smart Card Directly (contact or contactless) or a Cloud database
- Features Contact & Contactless M.O.S.T. Card® Smart Cards
- idblox® Compliant for Seamless Connectivity to idblox Products
- Standard and Custom Versions Available
- Tablet may be purchased without software or cards
- FBI Fingerprint certified algorithm using the FAP 45 sensor from IB Sherlock
- ISO 19794-5 and ISO 19794-6 Face and Iris Biometric certified with NEUROtechnologies licenses
- Available language in English, Spanish, French and German
Cranbury, N.J.– Nov. 10, 2020 – Iris ID, a leading provider of iris recognition technology, today announced the compatibility of its iCAM M300 handheld, multi-modal biometric reader and the MozaicID iCAM M300 Smartcard Software Credential Application. This application enables the
15 Oct 2020 -- Papua New Guinea is set to employ an upgraded biometric voter registration system as the country looks forward to its national elections, using a solution which is said to be cost effective, provided by Credence ID.
September 28, 2020 -- South Korea -- Samsung Electronics today revealed the new Galaxy Tab Active3, a ruggedized tablet based on the popular Tab Active2 design to meet the rigor of today’s mobile workforce with a sleek, compact design for portability.
EyeLock Releases EyeLock ID® – Simplified Logical Access for On-Premise and Remotely Connected Workers
NEW YORK, Sept. 22, 2020 -- EyeLock LLC, the leader of iris-based identity authentication solutions, announced today the release of its highly anticipated EyeLock ID® logical access system for connected workers. Recognizing that passwords and usernames are things of the
Launch of ID Platform FAP20 and ID Platform FAP30 multi-biometric tablets: COPPERNIC expands its range in the public security and identity sector
Aix-en-Provence, 2nd July 2020 – Coppernic, the specialists in solutions for identity registration and authentication on behalf of governments, has now launched two new biometric tablets, expanding its range of products dedicated to this market. One year after the
HONG KONG, 9 Mar, 2020 - Advanced Card Systems Ltd. (ACS), Asia Pacific's top supplier and one of the world's top 3 suppliers of PC-linked smart card readers (Source: Frost & Sullivan), launches the ACM1252U-Z6 Small NFC Reader Module. The ACM1252U-Z6 shares