Irvine, CA, April 27, 1998 – CardLogix, a leading U.S. manufacturer of smart cards, announces a family of microprocessor-based smart cards – the M.O.S.T.™ (Microprocessor Operating System Technology) Card Family. These cards feature advanced 8-Bit microprocessor technology and are designed for multi-function and high-security card applications such as Banking, TV Set-Top Decoders and GSM Mobile Communications. M.O.S.T. Cards deploy a powerful Card Operating System that manages information in file structures like those used in a personal computer, permitting complex information to be stored and secured on the card. For system development based upon M.O.S.T. Cards, CardLogix is also introducing M.O.S.T. Toolz™ for quick and versatile file creation and card prototyping. Together, the cards and development tools M.O.S.T. enables programmers to create a smart card based transaction system that creates, updates and secures files while setting a variety of security measures to protect user ID, card access and file information.
The M.O.S.T. Card Family is designed for smart card applications that need multiple functions to be transacted on a card and/or applications requiring more extensive security than simple host-based data encryption. The advanced computing capability of a microprocessor combined with M.O.S.T. technology makes these functions possible.
Card Family Features
- Choice of cards with various levels of processing power, security features
- 64K Bits of user memory (EEPROM)
- Random Number Generator (High speed hardware-based)
- Several standard security measures, including Authentication
- Optional Protocol Selection T=0 or T=1
- Four different Encryption Algorithms: DES, SHA, GSM A-8, Elliptical Curve
Extensive System Prototyping Capability
Programmers can choose from a range of development options for the M.O.S.T. Card Family for efficient set-up of a card system that exactly suits a company’s business needs. This capability includes:
- CardLogix optional M.O.S.T. Development Toolz. The Tool Set includes a file creation utility, the powerful Cardplex™ API, three cards for system and file set-up, Visual Basic programming examples and the full documentation
- Tools from Microsoft Corporation’s Software Development Kit for the Microsoft Personal Computer Smart Card (PCSC) Interface
- Standard I.S.O. 7816 Low Level Commands
More About The M.O.S.T. Card Family
M.O.S.T. Part Number CLXSU064J0/T=0 is available now and sells for $4.50 each at 1,000 piece quantity. M.O.S.T. Toolz are available now and sells for $99. For further system development capability including card database development, CardLogix offers Smart Toolz™ Smart Card Development Kit, which sells for $299 and includes a reader, cards, CardAppz™ Application Software and the Cardplex API. For more information, contact CardLogix at (949) 380-1312 and email@example.com.
More About CardLogix
Founded in 1994, CardLogix is a leading manufacturer of smart cards and development solutions for a variety of applications in Health Informatics, Entertainment and Banking. Contact CardLogix, 16 Hughes, Suite 100, Irvine, CA. 92618 or at www.cardlogix.com or www.smarttoolz.com.