IRVINE, CA, April 16, 2014 — CardLogix, a provider of smart cards and software for identity credentials, announces Card Encoding Engine (CEE) for the creation of secure ID cards and badges. CEE is a comprehensive card personalization software for designing, encoding, and printing credential data, as well as badge issuance. CEE provides the power and versatility of custom ID badging software at a competitive cost with simplified, intuitive features that enable the execution of ID projects without the need for extensive project planning or
CEE’s main features include:
- Support for the widest variety of ID credential types and card technologies, including ISO 7816 encoding for smart cards, biometrics, magnetic stripe, 2D/3D barcodes, QR codes, and ICAO-compliant MRZs. Supported card technologies include contact smart cards and ISO 14443 A & B contactless cards, including MIFARE DESFire cards.
- A set of intuitive workspaces that logically organize the essential tasks for any project, with graphically driven point-and-click simplicity. Workspaces include Card Editor, Printing and Encoding, Connections, and Printer Management.
- Built-in support for pre-designed CardLogix cards with high security graphics, such as pre-designed ReadyStart™ and Holofoil cards. These secure card designs have been incorporated into CEE and are viewable as backgrounds in the Card Editor Workspace for easy visualization of a card’s finished appearance. CardLogix 2D Holofoil cards have a wide range of popular motifs include high security, voting, driver license, healthcare, transportation, and many others. ReadyStart cards have pre-designed world class security features such as microtext, guilloche, and hidden graphics. These universal backgrounds eliminate design
time and increase security.
- Streamlined encoding of a chip card’s logical data structures without API programming for CardLogix’ Smart Toolz® and M.O.S.T. Toolz™ programs can be performed in the Connections Workspace. Card Encoding Engine also supports automatic data collection and industry-standard interfaces, without any programming involved.
- As part of the idblox™ Identity Credential Ecosystem, there is also support for the latest generation of Matica and Evolis card printers, biometrics by Corvus and Precise Biometrics, and logical access by Access Smart.
CEE: Sophisticated Performance, Competitive Price and Cost Savings
Card Encoding Engine addresses the need for in-line creation of identity credentials that can be harnessed by most end users, integrators, and resellers—without the need for costly programming. This is possible thanks to the interoperability of the 103 idblox data elements that enable the simple exchange of key identity data between CardLogix Toolz, CEE, and other idblox products. There is no need to program APIs for each project. The result is an elegant execution of a disruptive technology, as well as a sophisticated, feature-rich solution that
competes with software programs that cost much more.
More about CEE
CEE Single Station, Multi-User Edition runs on Windows 7 and Windows 8. It comes with two years of free updates and a two year product warranty. This edition has an MSRP of $4,999, and can be purchased at cardlogix.com and through authorized CardLogix resellers beginning May 1, 2014.
Current resellers include:
- Secure-Tech Peripherals (California)
- TX Systems (California)
- Legend ID (Washington)
- Higgins Corporation (Maine)
- Bridgeway Solutions (North Carolina)
- Midwest Card and ID Solutions (Missouri)
- Pure Access ID (Nigeria)
- Wadani Logistics (Somalia)
- Clockwise Solutions (Somalia & Tanzania)
- Dianel Technologies (Senegal, Niger, and Côte d’Ivoire)
CardLogix is currently reviewing resellers for additional markets. Upcoming editions of CEE include a Network Multi-User version and a Federated (PKI) version. For more information on how Card Encoding
Engine can save you both time and money, please try our CEE Total Cost of Ownership Calculator.
More About idblox
The idblox Identity Credential Ecosystem is an organization of industry-leading companies formed to offer products and solutions for the streamlined creation of identity credentials. CardLogix, along with Corvus Integration and Access Smart, founded idblox in 2013. The idblox ecosystem is rapidly growing to include companies and products in many ID credential categories, such as design, enrollment, credential management, vetting, issuance, and use. For more information, please visit idblox.com.