IRVINE, CA, September 13, 2010 — CardLogix, a leading manufacturer of smart cards and software, announced today a major upgrade of its Smart Toolz® Smart Card Development Kit. Smart Toolz enables the development of a smart card system for a wide variety of applications, including Identity, Healthcare, Stored Value, and Loyalty.
Smart Toolz Features:
- A completely new Card Configuration Utility (CCU) – a feature-rich tool that simplifies and speeds up card development and testing
- Contactless smart card support with software, cards, and a dual mode reader
- Enhanced Winplex® middleware with .NET support
The Smart Toolz Card Configuration Utility is the newest tool for configuring and testing a card structure, efficiently focusing development on the exact card features that are desired. This reduces time-intensive research and
documenting, and streamlines card design.
- An on-card data and security modeler to configure all security functions and to set up files
- An on-card data editor for loading, editing card data, and enabling better visibility into its use with a secondary application. The editor also sets up on-card data security, such as encryption and permissions, for each
configuration and sector.
- A key vault for managing all of the keys used for a particular security profile
Smart Toolz Features
- The CardAppz® Demonstration Tool for ‘test driving’ a card application. CardAppz helps non-programmers to fully demonstrate card capabilities within a completely configurable card database and system in order
to illustrate a customer design concept. CardAppz is also powerful enough to demonstrate programmer-configurable options, such as user interface and security, in their custom applications
- Five different contact memory smart cards, and five different contactless cards, including MIFARE™ types
- A model SD1010 dual mode contactless card reader from SCM Microsystems, Inc.
- Winplex® middleware for loading card data, with programming examples for C++, .NET, and Visual Basic
Smart Toolz provides full support for Windows XP, Server 2003, and Vista, as well as support for all the latest generation CardLogix cards and file types, including extended file types.
Smart Toolz sells for a suggested retail price of $299, and is available at authorized resellers, the CardLogix webstore at www.cardlogix.com/products/software/devtools.asp, and the corporate sales office at +1.949.380.1312. For more information about Smart Toolz, contact email@example.com.
About CardLogix Corporation
CardLogix is an ISO 9001:2008 certified quality manufacturer of smart cards and software for the secure transaction of data and value. CardLogix makes smart card development intuitive and accessible with a spectrum of software, including development tools, operating systems, middleware, applications, and third party solutions . For more information, please visit cardlogix.com.