Irvine, CA, August 23, 2010 – CardLogix, a leading manufacturer of smart cards and software for Healthcare Informatics, and S.M.A.R.T. Association, Inc., a supplier of smart card solutions for Healthcare, announced today that Memorial Hospital of North Conway, New Hampshire, has successfully implemented the S.M.A.R.T. Association LifeMed™ solution for streamlining patient registration. The LifeMed Electronic Health Record (EHR) card utilizes a CardLogix smart card, and features the following benefits:
- Streamlines patient registration and eliminates the paper process
- Quick and accurate capture and processing of patient data and medical history, including insurance eligibility
- A single record that starts at registration and unifies all hospital departments for continuity of care
- A secure record that can’t be misused, containing data that is protected with advanced encryption
- A single, unified source of related patient information, such as non-hospital providers
- Real-time integration into Insurance Accounts Receivable generation
Legacy Systems Enhanced
Lawrence Carbonaro, Director of Purchasing and Patient Access at Memorial, says that the LifeMed patient smart card and software has enabled the hospital to maintain a zero-tolerance policy regarding patient record errors, while at the same time improving their business efficiency. “The card integrates essential, yet disparate, data systems within Memorial to connect records, share data, and update data on a real time basis”. Carbonaro adds that rather than disrupt and replace legacy systems (AllScripts, GE Centricity, CPASI, etc), the LifeMed solution improves them by helping them work together, saving money and redundant effort. “We are able to leverage and augment our existing systems with the LifeMed platform, while generating an ROI inside of one year”.
Documented Study Results
Since implementing LifeMed, Memorial Hospital has realized the following results:
- Duplicate medical records and record errors were reduced from 7% to less than 1%.
- Admissions went paperless and wait time has dropped from 22 minutes, to less than 3
- Press Ganey patient satisfaction increased 10% within 60 days
- Administrative Full Time Equivalents (FTEs) were reduced from 21 to 16
- Insurance receivable wait time went from 55 days to 42 days
About CardLogix Corporation
CardLogix is a leading manufacturer of smart cards and software for the Healthcare industry, providing critical smart card technology to Informatics applications where cost management and excellent patient care are vital.
The company works with governments, businesses, and partners around the world in National Health and ID programs, hospitals, and remote/rural medicine. For more information, e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-949.380.1312.
About S.M.A.R.T. Association, Inc.
S.M.A.R.T. Association, Inc. is the U.S. healthcare industry leader in integrating Identity Management using its LifeMed™ Patient Smart Cards Solution into the healthcare workflow; providing instant, secure and private
information exchange between caregivers, medical facilities, and patients. LifeMed™ Patient Smart Card, Identity and EHR/HIE Solution meets Meaningful Use requirements and helps CMIOs and CIOs bridge existing technology gaps while enhancing existing EMR and disparate HIE systems. Learn more at smartassociation.com or call (800) 564-7627.