Datastrip DSVII-SC Biometric Handheld with Smart Card Reader
- Windows® CE.NET operating system and Hitachi based processor
- Integrated 500 dpi fingerprint sensor for “on the spot” biometric identity verification
- Open platform supporting biometric technologies from multiple industry leading biometric providers
- High resolution colour digital touchscreen display with stylus providing excellent clarity in direct sunlight and low light conditions
- Flexible communications options: Wi-Fi (802.11g), Bluetooth® and Cellular (GSM/GPRS)
- Rugged, field-proven design and construction complies with IP54 and MIL-STD 810F standards
- Built-in CF slots
- Extended long life Li-Polymer battery
- Ergonomic lightweight design for mobile use
- Compatible with FastCheck™ ID Card Validation Software
For on-the-spot identity verification where product dependability is essential:
- Authenticates PIV, TWIC, CAC and other issued credentials, delivering instant ID verification in mission critical environments such as ports and military bases.
- Provides facilities a secure area to establish checkpoints where the identity of an individual can be verified away from larger populations.
- Provides end users the option to use biometrics for identification purposes in scenarios where a watch list and no identity card is utilized.
- Reads and validates driver’s licenses, providing an AFIS platform for police.
- Replaces paper-based inmate tracking and census programs with biometric authentication.
First Responder/Emergency Evacuation
- Verifies first responder cards of officials responding to emergency disasters.
- Account for individuals leaving disaster areas that are assembling at remote mustering sites.
- Protects borders by reading border crossing credentials and government issued documents, supporting US-VISIT and NEXUS Border Crossing programs.
- Immigration and travel applications requiring “on the spot” biometric and ID document verification.
- Access control for manned identity verification at entry points, gates, vehicle side and other remote access areas via contact or contactless smart card and/or driver’s license. Use for emergency mustering point scenarios for employee tracking.
- Identity verification for wireless systems for biometric transmission to a back-end system for ports, nuclear power facilities and other highly secured areas.
- Commercial applications such as mobile point of sale and secure courier services.
- Event management for reading ID cards to ensure tickets were purchased and authorize access to VIP areas. Identity verification of cardholders at stadiums and public events.
|SIZE||Approx. 7″ x 7″ x 2″ (185 mm x 185 mm x 50 mm)|
|WEIGHT||Approx. 2 lbs (950gm)|
|OPERATING SYSTEM||Microsoft® Windows® CE.NET Version 4.2|
|PROCESSOR||Hitachi Renesas SH4 7760, 66 MHz bus, 198 MHz core speed|
|DISPLAY||3.5” colour digital transflective touchscreen with stylus 240 (H) x 320 (V) QVGA|
|MEMORY||64MB RAM, 32MB boot-FLASH, 128MB CF storage|
|FINGERPRINT SENSOR||500 DPI Capacitive Solid-State Sensor 12.5 x 15.0 mm (0.5 x 0.6 in) sensor area|
|KEYPAD||5-Button backlit rubber keypad (Power button + 4 function keys)|
|SMART CARD INTERFACE||Contact for ISO-7816 cards
Contactless interface for ISO-14443 A/B
|INTERFACE||Serial, USB Host (2), CF Slots (1 external, 1 internal), LAN|
|INTERNAL WIRELESS OPTIONS||WiFi (802.11b), Bluetooth|
|OTHER OPTIONS||GSM, GPRS|
|Speaker||Integrated 23 mm diameter|
|BATTERY||High capacity rechargeable & user-replaceable Li-Polymer battery(s) Standard single battery provides 3000mAhr (up to 8 hours normal use). Second battery can be installed by user or factory fitted at time of order and will increase internal capacity to 6000mAhr.|
|POWER SUPPLY||With AC Adapter/Charger:100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz
With Optional Auto Adapter/Charger: 12-19 V DC