- On-board flash for seamless firmware upgrades
- EMV 2000 Level 1 and PC/SC certification in a single solution
- High communication speed
- Ergonomic and cost efficient design
- Compliant with major smart cards and industry standards
- Customization options: Casing color and company logo
Identiv SCR3310 USB v2.0 Smart Card Reader
Identiv SCR3310 Smart Card Reader Overview
The SCR3310 continues the line of Identive’s (formally SCM Microsystems) market-leading smart card readers based on the STC II smart card interface chip. The smart card reader is small and ergonomic USB smart card readers, with backside mounting holes. The card reader is ISO7816 compliant, and works with all major ISO7816 smart card in ID-1 (CR80) format. The smart card reader also allows in-field upgradeable firmware.
The SCR3310 smart card reader supports multiple security applications including PKI, digital signature and personal identification, all in a compact, mobile device. The SCR3310v2.0 card reader includes support for USB and all relevant security standards; the interface is CCID and PC/SC as well as EMV2000 Level 1 compliant. The EMV certification recommends the reader be used for applications with banking transaction or credit card payment.
Compact and elegant, the SCR3310 Smart Card Reader offers the best price/performance ratio in the market. Together, these features enable high performance, cost effective programs for secure logical access in any environment.
SCM SCR3310 Smart Card Reader Features
- Ergonomic and cost efficient design
- EMV Level 1 tested and certified
- Device UID number to link reader with application and host (SCR3310 only)
- SmartOS™ powered
- On-board flash provides seamless firmware upgrades in the field (SCR3310 only)
- Compliant with all CardLogix smart cards and relevant industry standards
- Software and functionality compatible with Identive SCR33xx readers family
- Customization options: Branding and corporate ID via label color and company logo
- Open-ended mouth for convenient smart card insertion and removal
- High performance, low power consumption
- Windows 8 ready
- Works with ActivClient CAC cards and software
SCM SCR3310 Smart Card Reader Applications
Suitable for a wide range of governmental, enterprise and home usage applications.
Due to its design, the readers are also ideally suited to be bundled with smart cards and smart card software SDK’s to support large scale projects roll outs.
Typical applications areas are electronic ID, social security and loyalty programs, e-Couponing, secure network log on, e-Banking as well as online shopping and gaming activities. The SCR3310v2 is a popular choice for contractors doing a large roll out smart cards and readers.
Works great as a Department of Defense (DoD) CAC smart card reader. It is also is a popular choice for those needing to log into an Army AKO account.
- HBCI Banking (e-Banking)
- Identity management
- Charging the money card (electronic purse)
- Public transport or Retail payment
- Badging stations
- Checking the balance of your e-Purse
- e-Passport personalization and verification
- Healthcare card (EMR or EHR)
- Loyalty (like frequent flyer points) and Promotions
- Stored Value
- e-Commerce (online payment)
- Record keeping
- Secure network access
- Electronic voting (Voter card)
- Computer security (log in access)
- Campus cards
- Time and attendance System
SCM SCR3310 Smart Card Reader Specifications
|SMART CARD INTERFACE||
|SMART CARD CONNECTOR||
|SUPPORTED SMARTCARD TYPES||
|POWER TO SMART CARD||
|SUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEMS||
|SUPPORTED TAG ICS||
Support and Downloads
About Identive ID Infrastructure (Formerly SCM Microsystems)
Identive Group, Inc is a provider world’s broadest range of contact, contactless and mobile smart card reader and terminal technology, digital identity and transaction platforms, as well as solutions that integrate physical and logical access control.
Identive’ss smart card-based products and solutions are utilized around the world to enable security and identification applications, transaction systems, eHealth- and eGovernment programs and physical access systems. We also offer a range of smart card-based security, productivity and time recording solutions for small and medium-size businesses under our retail CHIPDRIVE® brand.
Identive ID is committed to conducting business in a manner consistent with the efficient use of resources and materials, and the protection and preservation of the natural environment for future generations.
Through a policy of continuous improvement, the implementation of environmental management programs, and the setting of targets and objectives, Identive ID strives to meet and exceed all relevant environmental laws, regulations and agreements in reference to its activities, products and services.
The SCM Microsystems’ Advantage
- ASIC (application specific IC) and smart card reader development experience since 1990
- Innovative solutions – more than 50 patents filed
- Reliable high-quality mass production capability – more than 15 Mio. reader solutions deployed to date
- Active role in standardization committees
- Complex project management expertise – e.g. U.S. Department of Defense CAC program, electronic ID applications (ePassport, health card projects, national ID, driver license)
- Broadest portfolio of security technology products – for governments, corporations, financial institutions, small and medium-sized enterprises and individuals around the globe
- Secure smart chip reader design – certified and compliant to EMV, Common Criteria, PC/SC, USB
- High-quality products designed to meet the various requirements in the data security area
- Flexible and future proof solutions – SCM’s SmartOS™ middleware and its own ASIC technology allow in Field upgrades and secure your investment
- Global presence and support
- Product customization options
- Product branding
- Dedicated Research & Development and customer support team
- Strong global partnership network with leading suppliers along the value chain (smart card manufacturers, application providers, system integrators, device manufacturers)