The SCM SCR3311 smart card reader is primarily used as desktop and point of sales terminal. The 2 meter long USB cable allows the reader to be placed further away from the host PC system, supporting different set up needs (e.g. POS or banking counters).
Typical POS applications are loyalty programs, balance checks, point redemption, and e-Coupon applications.
With its vertical card slot, the SCR3311 is ideally suited for desktop use in applications such as logical access to computers and networks, digital signature authentication, electronic home banking, and e-Commerce. The SCR3311 is an ISO 7816 compliant vertical smart card reader used for cards in ID 1 format.
The reader’s solid base ensures stability, even when using one hand to insert a smart card. Hence, the reader is ideal for desktop and POS usage.
The SCR3311 reader allows in-field firmware updates.
• ISO 7816 contact reader with vertical card insertion slot
• One-handed operation using optional heavy weight base
• Ideal for POS and desktop use
• In-field firmware updates
• Compliant with all major smart cards and relevant industry standards such as Java Card
• Customizable with various color options and the printing of company logos and brands
• Fully compatible with existing product family (SCR33xx) for seamless qualification and integration
• 2 meter cable allows for flexible reader placement
This reader is primarily used as desktop and point of sales terminal. The heavy base makes it ideal for one hand operation for smart card insertion and removal.
Point of sales applications range from
• Loyalty programs / points redemption
• Balance check
Desktop applications include
• Secure logical access to computers and networks
• Secure authentication for B2B and B2C applications
• Digital signature
• Encryption of emails or documents
• Electronic home banking