- Versatile – Ideal for end-user environments using both contact and contactless smart card technology and migration scenarios
- Leverages existing employee badge – Expands the usage of existing physical access cards to computer logon, as well as network and cloud applications.
- Easy to install – Eliminates the need to install drivers; uses native supported CCID drivers within the operating system.
- Increased security and improved user experience – Read and retrieve highly secure one-time passwords (OTP) from Seos® card.
The HID OMNIKEY® 5422 represents the ultimate combination of contact and contactless technology in a single device. The solution features a dual interface, PC-linked reader that reads / writes to both a 13.56 MHz contactless smart card and virtually any contact smart card to support environments where both contact and contactless smart card technologies are required. Compliant with ISO14443 A/B, ISO 7816 standards, this reader is compatible with virtually any contactless smart card, operating system and a variety of applications.
Using contactless smart card technology the reader provides users with the convenience, speed and security for applications such as user authentication to PCs, software, cloud-based applications, networks and web sites. The reader supports leading high frequency card technologies on the market including iCLASS®, MIFARE® and MIFARE DESFire®.
The reader provides users with the convenience, speed and security for applications such as user authentication to PCs, software, cloud-based applications, networks and web sites.
The 5422 eliminates the requirement for driver installation and is suitable to be used with standard PC or workstations, as well as with thin and zero clients.
The reader is integrated and tested with HID Global’s ActivID® ActivClient and ActivID® Applets.
The 5422 is compatible with CaC, PIV, CIV, Java Card and all T=0/1 smart cards.
* Replacement for OMNIKEY 5321 and OMNIKEY 5421