- Accurate, patented optical USB fingerprint sensor with 500 DPI resolution
- Auto-On™ – automatic finger detection technology
- Smart Capture™ – high quality fingerprint scanning of difficult fingers
- Fingerprint Device Recognition™
- Contact smart card reader
- FBI Certified (PIV, FIPS 201, Mobile ID FAP 20 Compliant)
SecuGen Hamster™ Pro Duo SC/PIV Fingerprint Scanner and Smart Card Reader
2 in stock
The SecuGen Hamster Pro Duo SC/PIV reader and fingerprint scanner is suitable for any smart card application where dual factor authentication is needed for higher security without sacrificing convenience. It features the industry’s most accurate, rugged, and affordable USB fingerprint reader to give you what the SecuGen brand is known for, the highest quality in fingerprint biometrics.
The Hamster Pro Duo SC/PIV combines SecuGen’s U20 fingerprint sensor with a PIV compliant contact smart card reader. Featuring a compact, ergonomic design, the Hamster Pro Duo SC/PIV is built with the industry’s most rugged and advanced optical sensor using patented and patent-pending fingerprint technology.
Designed primarily for FIPS 201 (PIV) applications, the Hamster Pro Duo SC/PIV is also suitable for any contact smart card application such as physical access control, logical access, personal identity verification, and national ID programs where dual factor authentication is needed for higher security without sacrificing convenience.
Auto-On technology allows the sensor to check for the presence of a finger without having to launch specific software or terminals. The scanner will automatically sense and scan a finger once it’s placed on the reader. Smart Capture technology helps capture fingerprints from difficult fingers by automatically adjusting the brightness of the sensor. With this technology, users with dry, wet, scarred, or aged skin can use the sensor. This scanner also works in varying lighting conditions, including direct sunlight.
Hamster Pro Duo is FAP 20 Mobile ID compliant fingerprint scanner and card reader that connects to a PC or mobile device via USB. This scanner features the SecuGen U20 optical fingerprint sensor and is scratch-, impact-, vibration-, and electromagnetic shock-resistant.
When used with SecuGen software, this sensor provides fast and accurate verification, latent print image removal, encryption of fingerprint templates, Fingerprint Device Recognition, and Multi-Device Connection.
- PC/SC, ISO 7816, EMV 2000 Level 1, and FIPS 201 compliant smart card reader
- FBI Certified fingerprint reader meets FBI Image Quality standards
- FIPS 201 (PIV) and Mobile ID FAP 20 compliant
- Listed on GSA FIPS 201 Approved Products List
- Auto-On™ (Automatic Finger Placement Detection)
- Maintenance-free U20 optical fingerprint sensor
- Sensor is resistant to scratches, impact, vibration, and electrostatic shock
- Smart Capture™ technology helps the sensor recognize difficult fingers
- Integrated finger guide
- Fake Finger Rejection (currently supported on Windows; support for Android and Linux coming soon)
- Built-in contact card reader for added security
- This ultra-compact sensor comes with automatic finger detection and quality scanning of dry, moist, aged, scarred, and difficult-to-scan fingers.
- Latent print image removal (does not accept prints left behind)
- Encryption of fingerprint templates (with SecuGen Proprietary templates)
- Fingerprint Device Recognition™
- USB bus-powered, no additional power supply required
- Certifications: FCC, RoHS, FBI PIV, FIPS 201
Hamster Pro Duo SC/PIV is one of the best multi-factor authentication devices from SecuGen owing to its feature packed nature. The scanner produces 300 x 400 pixels, 500 DPI images which can be used for a wide variety of applications. The device is compatible with Windows, Android and Linux OS.
Backed by the industry’s best warranty, years of field use and proven reliability under extreme conditions, SecuGen fingerprint readers provide consistent performance and security for a growing number of applications in physical and information security, point-of-sale, time & attendance, and access control systems.
When used for biometric authentication as part of an overall security program, SecuGen fingerprint readers can help reduce the hassles of password overload, decrease the risks of security breaches, improve accountability and add true non-repudiation, all while making it more convenient and intuitive for almost any user.
Look to SecuGen for advanced, fingerprint biometric technologies that let your fingerprints act like digital passwords that cannot be lost, forgotten or stolen.
|Image Resolution||500 DPI|
|Image Size||300 x 400 pixels|
|Platen Size||18.2 mm x 22.9 mm (0.72 x 0.9″)|
|Effective Sensing Area||15.2 mm x 20.3 mm (0.6 x 0.8″)|
|Image Gray Scale||256 levels (8-bit)|
|Smart Capture Speed||0.2 ~ 0.5 seconds|
|Features (when used with
SecuGen Pro SDKs)
|Auto-On, Smart Capture, 360 Degree
|Biometric Standards/Specs||INCITS 378, ISO/IEC 19794-2, 19794-4,
FIPS 201, FBI PIV & Mobile ID FAP 20,
NIST MINEX, NIST SP 800-76, WSQ
|Compliance||FCC, CE, KCC, RoHS|
|Supported OS||Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7, Server 2016 / 2012 / 2008 R2, Android 3.1+, Linux|
|Smart Card Reader|
|Model||Identiv uTrust 2700R contact reader|
|Specifications||Standards: ISO/IEC 7816, EMV, and PC/SC
Protocols: T=0 and T=1
Cards: Class A, Class B, Class C
Interface speed: 12 Mbps
Max clock frequency: 4.8Mhz
Max baud rate: 600Kbps @FI/DI-97
5, 3, and 1.8 V smart cards
|Supported APIs||PC/SC, CT-API (through wrapper on top of PC/SC)|
|Durability Cycles||Card Insertion: 100,000 minimum|
|Features||Green Status LED
Remote Wake-up for card insertion/removal
Short circuit protection on smart card
|Interface||USB 2.0 Full-Speed|
|Certifications||FCC Class B, CE, EMV 2008 Level 1, WHQL,
UL 60950, USB IF, UL92, GSA FIPS-201 APL, ANZ, RoHS,
ICES-003 Issue 4, VCCI
|Model||XU20SCA; Item Code: EA4-0520SCA.|
|Dimensions||80.0 x 100.0 x 45.5 mm|
|Operating Temperature||0o ~ 55o C|
|Operating Humidity||10 ~ 90%|
|USB Interface||1.1 Full, 2.0 Hi-Speed|
|Supply Voltage||5 V DC (via USB)|
|Max Current||220 mA|
|Warranty||One year limited|