LEVALLOIS-PERRET, France–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Oberthur Technologies, one of the global leaders in the delivery of high security solutions, is proud to announce the release of its newest middleware. This new middleware – AWP 4.4 – which will be presented during the Cartes 2010 exhibition, will be able to support our complete applications range.
Smart devices are the safest solution to store digital identity and perform strong authentication, digital signature and data encryption. Those security features are required for many sensitive applications such as government or corporate access badges, citizen cards or e-services. Login/password can not be completely trusted and must be replaced by more secure authentication systems. A middleware is required for any PKI1 software to access smart devices.
Oberthur Technologies’ AWP 4.4 is delivered fully packaged with Oberthur Technologies’ smart devices to provide the best digital identity solution:
- AuthentIC v3 devices for the corporate market
- PIV devices certified FIPS 201 for US state employees’ smart cards and more than 40 government agencies outside the US. The middleware is compatible with the SP 800-73-3 (under certification).
- IAS-ECC devices for all government projects requiring Common Criteria EAL4+ certified products.
Oberthur Technologies’ middleware is compatible with all major operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux and MacOS X with standard packages installers for convenient and reliable IT integration. It provides standard software libraries (PKCS#11, CSP and minidrivers), end user graphical interface and administrator tools for easy integration and configuration.
It also offers a biometric interface to replace pin code usage. Fingerprint authentication is directly done with smart cards thanks to the Match-on-card technology, algorithm which successfully passed all the MINEX II tests.
To learn more about this newest solution, visit our booth 3E001 at Cartes 2010, 7-9 December 2010 in Villepinte, France.
About Oberthur Technologies
With sales of 904.6 million euros in 2009 and 6,160 employees worldwide, Oberthur Technologies is a world leader in the field of secure technologies. Innovation and excellence ensure Oberthur Technologies’ strong positioning in its main target markets:
- Card Systems: World’s second largest provider of security and identification solutions and services based on smart card technologies for mobile, payment, transport, digital TV and convergence markets.
- Identity: A world leader in the manufacture of traditional and electronic secure identity documents. We are also a system integrator and a specialist in know-how transfer – census, personalisation platforms implementation and identity data management.
- Security printing: World’s third largest private security printer specialized in the production of banknotes, checks and numerous security documents in more than fifty countries.
- Cash Protection: World leader in design and manufacture of intelligent cash protection solutions for CIT (Cash In Transit) companies, ATM manufacturers and owners, retailers, post offices and banks.
Close to its customers, Oberthur Technologies benefits from an industrial and commercial presence across all five continents.
Oberthur Technologies S.A. is a limited liability company (société anonyme) registered in France with its registered office at 50 quai Michelet 92 532 Levallois Perret, France. Oberthur Technologies S.A.’s corporate registration number is 340 709 534 R.C.S. Paris.
Telephone: +33 1 55 46 71 23
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +33 1 55 46 71 34
Email: [email protected]
Identiv’s uTrust Sense Minidriver Smart Cards is the New Generation of Logical and Physical Access Control
Santa Ana, January 30, 2018 - Identiv’s new uTrust Sense Minidriver Smart Cards are the next generation of smart card solutions for logical access and physical access control. From accessing Windows®-enabled computers to opening doors, these secure cards incorporate an
July 13, 2017 -- TESSIS, together with Gemalto, is announcing the emergence on the Russian market of a new major version of life-cycle management software for electronic keys from Gemalto, SafeNet Authentication Manager 9.0 (SAM 9.0). Thanks to this solution, users of
Gemalto has recently announced the release of version 10.0 of the SafeNet Authentication Client (SAC). A first step towards integrating the SAC with Gemalto smart cards that allows administrators and users to manage IDPrime cards through the standard PKCS#11 and
RSA CONFERENCE 2016, San Francisco, March 1, 2016 – Today, digital identity and credentials expert Intercede announced new security software designed for deployment alongside Intel’s latest hardware-based identity protection technology, Intel® Authenticate. Intercede software, running on the 6th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™
Las Vegas, NV May 09, 2014 - Hypersecu specializes in strong two-factor authentication (2FA) solutions, BYOD security solutions, mobile payment solutions and mobile authentication products. Hypersecu will showcase their latest solutions at the exhibitions: BYOD Security solutions ➢ Mobile Smart card
SPYRUS Delivers Microsoft Certified Windows To Go Drives with FIPS 140-2 Level 3 Tamper-Proof Smart Cards and Digital Certificates for Multi-Factor Authentication
San Jose, CA – November 18, 2013 – SPYRUS today announced the availability of the SPYRUS WorkSafe™ and WorkSafe Pro portable SSD live drives for Windows To Go built using the Windows 8.1 update. WorkSafe transforms almost any PC into