Power LogOn® by Access Smart is a powerful cybersecurity and access control solution that protects business networks and assets with advanced single sign-on and centralized password management.
Unlike other Single Sign-On (SSO) solutions, Power LogOn employs Multi-Factor Authentication to fight perpetrators at the most vulnerable point of entry – The Front Door. Power LogOn demands user authentication before the firewall, which means before the computer is even powered on. Why? Because by the time criminals gain access behind the firewall, it is already too late.
Employees must prove their identity with multiple factors of authentication, including but not limited to the M.O.S.T. Card® Smart ID Badge by CardLogix, leveraging advanced microprocessor smart card technology. The authentication process is aggressive, but the experience is fast and convenient for the user.
MFA-Secured Password Management
Power LogOn manages employees’ passwords for companies’ systems and resources, so that they don’t have to. The solution eliminates the weakest link of any security system – the Human Element.
Fully-authenticated, authorized employees can access multiple company resources without having to re-enter passwords, such as: the local or cloud-hosted server, websites, applications, and protected data files. With Power LogOn, employees don’t need to remember, type, manage, or even know passwords to access a company’s resources. The solution puts the IT Administrator back in full control to easily manage long and complex passwords, as well as frequent password changes – without any employee involvement.
Power LogOn Administrator Installation Kit
Easy, No Risk Installation
The Power LogOn Installation Kit allows IT to fully test for network compatibility and product functionality with no financial risk. There are no back end server hardware modifications required. No “Rip ‘n’ Replace” of existing security investments.
The Power LogOn Administrator Installation Kit Includes:
- Power LogOn® Software
- 2 USB Readers
- 6 MOST Card® Smart Cards
- 6 Demo Licenses (90 days each)
- 1.5 Hours of Tech and Installation Support
- Full Documentation to: Fully test, configure and manage a smart card enterprise Single Sign-On password manager for multi-factor cyber authentication
- No Risk, 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
Secure Password Management
Secured passwords continue to be a reliable factor of authentication when paired with other factors (for example, “what you know” and “what you have”), and only when they are properly managed.
Password Management is a serious concern for any IT department. When employees leave passwords on sticky notes in plain view because they can’t’ remember their passwords, this creates the easiest and most common way for a perpetuator to enter your system. Therefore, IT managers must remove the responsibility of password management from employees’ hands. Power LogOn allows certified IT professionals to manage single, user-account passwords safely and properly.
Power LogOn’s rigorous, multi-factor authentication process is what enables secure, single sign-on password management. Without it, companies are putting their systems and assets at risk.
Before a user is authorized to access the computer, network, and other company resources, the user is rigorously authenticated. In other words, the user must prove that he or she IS who he or she claims to be. The most effective and reliable method to authenticate a user and verify his or her identity, is by using multiple factors of authentication.
The employee presents their Smart ID Badge (smart card/chip card) to the card reader that uniquely belongs to that authorized user. The smart card contain a very long, unique password that they server authenticates. The card must remain in place, or the user will be kicked out of the system, meeting common HIPAA requirements for hospitals. The employee also types in a 6 PIN or longer password that only he or she knows. This is the only password this employee will ever need to remember. Power LogOn must recognize the smart card and the password for the authorized individual before the user can proceed. The unique ID and keys found in the smart card is one factor of authentication. The card is what the employee Has. The password is the second factor of authentication. This factor is what the employee Knows. Biometrics, such as fingerprint, iris, and face templates, can be added to the card for a third factor of authentication, that binds the user’s identity to the card itself.
Easy, No Risk Installation
The Power LogOn Installation Kit allows IT to fully test for network compatibility and product functionality with no financial risk. There are no back end server hardware modifications required. No “Rip ‘n’ Replace” of existing security investments1.
After successful testing, complete roll-out is easy. There is no additional software to purchase or network integration required. Power LogOn functions as an add-on application to existing ID badges. HR has only one badge to issue, employees have only one badge to carry, and IT has no addition cards or dongles to stock, issue or manage.
Employees self-enroll into the Power LogOn system from their own computers. This eliminates the need for IT to collect and re-issue badges, or having to set up enrollment stations.
We’ve only just scratched the surface of describing all that Power LogOn can do. If you’re interested in learning more, please call CardLogix at +1-949-380-1312
Power LogOn – Smartcard Based, Multi-Factor, Enterprise Password Management
Safeguard your business or agency
Passwords are still the number one way employees authenticate themselves into company computers and networks. Power LogOn easily integrates into your existing network architecture, communicates with many of your existing applications without any software modifications and secures the internet as an online password manager. The IT administrator can configure Power LogOn to comply to their specific network access authentication policies, unlike many other security products, which forces IT to change their policies to meet the product’s features.
Centralized Password Management:
- Custom password-change frequency, strength, privileges, pre-set computer actions and more
- IT easily implements and manages corporate security access policies
- Full server integration with LDAP, Active Directory, Terminal Services, VPN, SQL Servers, etc.
- Reduce IT help desk tasks and costs of resetting passwords & unlocking computers
- Auto-launch and authenticate applications
- Card life-cycle management and cardholder activity reports
Low Cost of Ownership:
- No annual renewal or subscription fees
- Licenses are recyclable
- No back end server or network modifications required
- Customization available
- Non-proprietary components to meets ISO-7816 & PC/SC specifications
- No rebadging is an option
- Combine with existing physical access, ID cards, e-payment, etc.
Government Legislation Compliance:
- Implement federal and state data privacy protection laws
- Migration strategy as government security requirements change
- FIPS 140-2 Verified
- HIPAA multi-factor authentication, CJIS, HSPD-12
- Works with existing PIV and CAC credentials
- Multifactor authentication
- Eight Layers of Assurance
- Something the user knows (Pin)
- Something the user has (Card)
- Something the user is (Biometric)
- Something the card knows (User Names, Passwords, URL)
- Something the card has (AES-256 encryption keys)
- Something the card is (Unique serial #)
- Something the computer & card knows (Challenge / Response)
- Something the application & card knows (User classification code)
- Auto-logoff, -shutoff or custom script when card is removed from reader
- Two mouse click account logon
- Users don’t have to remember, type or know account passwords
- Every account has its own, unique password
- Create complex user names and passwords
- Multi-functional smartcards offer single token convenience
- Log onto computers, networks, clouds, applications, internet.
- Online password manager or offline password manager
Versatility & Interoperability:
- Smartcard technologies (Memory, Java, Multos, PIV, CAC, custom)
- RFID (EV1, Mifare, DESfire, aptiQ, ISO-15693, ISO-14443, 125kHz Prox)
- Other (Magnetic stripe, barcode, etc.)
- New applications and technologies can be added without losing any previously stored application data.
- Power LogOn can be added to deployed cards without having to re-badge.
- Power LogOn® APIs allow easy integration with third-party client and server-based applications.
- Passwords available on any computer running Power LogOn.
- Employees always in possession of the passwords
- Remote secure access to corporate VPN networks
Add More Applications
Do you want your ID Badge to do more? Using the same Employee ID Badge, you can add Time & Attendance, ePurse for Stored Value, Physical Access to Secured Areas (PACS), eSignatures, Biometrics, and so many more.
Unlike other card technologies, a microprocessor smart card is a small computer that you carry around in your wallet, purse, or that you clip to your clothing. Since it is a computer, why not utilize its power to do more than one thing with the same card? The possibilities are endless.
Call CardLogix today to discuss your current and future business goals