- Designed for use in prepaid and loyalty smart card applications
- Low cost secure memory
- High Reliability
Atmel AT88SC102 Secure Memory Smart Card
Atmel® AT88SC102 smart card is a low-cost, synchronous, secure memory integrated circuit, designed for use in prepaid and loyalty smart card applications. The AT88SC102 provides 1024 bits of serial EEPROM within two Application Zones of 512 bits each, plus 64 bits in a Code Protected Zone, plus 64 bits in a code protected zone. Additional EEPROM memory and security logic provide security for smart card applications. Space is provided in the EEPROM memory for manufacturing records for both the smart card manufacturer and card issuer. After personalization, these records, and the state of the bit which enables the Erase Counter function, are locked and protected from modification for the lifetime of the product.
The AT88SC102 is manufactured using low-power CMOS technology and features its own internal high-voltage pump for single voltage supply operation. This smart card is guaranteed to 100,000 erase/write cycles and 100 year data retention and endurance up to one-million.
The AT88SC102 is supported by CardLogix Smart Toolz™ development kit (SDK), Winplex™ API, and CardAppz™ application software. Each of these APIs also provides added security options for sensitive data.
- 1K X 1 Serial EEPROM with Security Logic
- Two Application Zones
- Stores and Validates Security Codes
- Maximum of Four Incorrect Security Code Attempts
- Provides Transport Code Security
- Low Voltage Operation: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Manufactured using Low Power CMOS Technology
- VPP Internally Generated
- 2 μs Read Access Time; 3 ms Write Cycle Time
- ESD Protection 4,000V Minimum.
- High Reliability:
- 100,000 Program/Erase Cycles Guaranteed
- Data Retention of 10 years
The security features of Atmel’s AT88SC102 include:
- Data access only after validation of the security code
- Permanent invalidation of the device after four consecutive false security code presentations
- Read/write protection of certain memory zones
- Device reset if power drops
- Secure transport of devices using transport code compare sequence
- Unique customer identification number written and locked into every device for protection against duplication or counterfeiting