Munich, Germany – 17 June 2020 – With SECORA™ ID, Infineon Technologies AG (FSE: IFX / OTCQX: IFNNY) offers an easy-to-integrate security platform for contactless digital ID documents. The first product variant, SECORA™ ID S, is a particularly flexible, Java Card-based solution. It simplifies and accelerates the design and production of region-specific sovereign documents such as eIDs in card format. The solution includes the security chip, the operating system and applets while meeting the increased security requirements of sovereign applications: chip and operating system are certified according to Common Criteria EAL 6+.
As a system solution, SECORA ID S offers many advantages:
- The security chip SLC52G provides highest protection of the individual data of the card holder and a storage capacity of up to 800 kByte.
- The chip was developed at Infineon’s competence center for contactless technologies in Graz, Austria; it offers outstanding performance for contactless data transfer.
- The Java Card™ Standard v3.0.5 software facilitates and accelerates development and testing of electronic ID cards.
- Customized applets accelerate the personalization of the documents.
- Thanks to Infineon’s Coil-on-Module chip package technology cards become more robust and their production more cost-efficient. The chip is glued and no longer soldered to the card hence eliminating vulnerable soldering points. The cards are valid for a relatively long time and in daily use become significantly more durable. Additionally, smaller card manufacturers can use existing production facilities for contact-based cards without major investments.
SECORA ID S with the Infineon eMRTD applet (CC EAL5+) especially for machine-readable travel documents is available now. Further applets from the Infineon Applet Collection and from Masktech GmbH will follow in the second half of the year. Further information is available at www.infineon.com/secora-id.
Infineon Technologies AG is a world leader in semiconductor solutions that make life easier, safer and greener. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. In the 2017 fiscal year (ending 30 September), the Company reported sales of around €7.1 billion with about 37,500 employees worldwide. Infineon is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: IFX) and in the USA on the over-the-counter market OTCQX International Premier (ticker symbol: IFNNY).
Versatile and contactless: Infineon sets standards with multifunctional employee ID card including Mastercard payment function
Munich, Germany – 18 January 2021 – Infineon Technologies AG (FSE: IFX / OTCQX: IFNNY) is replacing the employee ID cards at its headquarters 'Am Campeon' with the world’s first solution that combines highly secured office building access with
SINGAPORE, Nov. 4, 2020 -- Infineon partners with Tribe, the first Singapore Government supported blockchain ecosystem builder, which brings together government agencies, corporates and blockchain companies to foster innovation and collaboration. Infineon will provide its longstanding industry expertise in hardware
SECORA™ ID S: highest security and flexibility for region-specific electronic ID cards and eGovernment solutions
Munich, Germany – 17 June 2020 – With SECORA™ ID, Infineon Technologies AG (FSE: IFX / OTCQX: IFNNY) offers an easy-to-integrate security platform for contactless digital ID documents. The first product variant, SECORA™ ID S, is a particularly flexible, Java
Nov 14, 2019 -- ePasslet Suite v3 – cryptovision’s Java card framework for electronic ID documents – will be available in 2020 on SECORA™ ID, Infineon’s new Java card operating system. Using ePasslet Suite, users of SECORA™ ID can easily and flexibly
Munich, Germany – 14 November 2019 – Electronic identification documents (eID) are high in demand worldwide. To address the evolving needs of the market in a fast and flexible manner, Infineon Technologies AG (FSE: IFX / OTCQX: IFNNY) has
New SECORA™ Pay brand: one-stop-offering for fast and easy production of payment cards and smart wearables
Munich, Germany and Cannes, France – 29 November 2017 – EMV®-compliant payment solutions face growing demand worldwide – with a clear path towards contactless and multifunctional use to increase user convenience. Under the brand SECORA™ Pay, Infineon Technologies AG (FSE: